Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Lake Poinsett ICE OFF, April 1st!

No foolin'!! I write with double joy about the ice off. After a lion's last roar sending March packin', the storm yesterday was followed by open water, not from the warm weather but instead from the strong wind pushing the ice around.

As if that isn't exciting enough, I put in my 2 bucks and luckily picked the day on the local ICE OFF board. Stop in to LAKEVIEW and tell me you read about this on this blog and I'll buy you a drink at the resort this week with my winnings (Wednesday-Saturday night 5:30-9:00pm).

Thank you to clubfisher for sharing their adventure on film of yesterday's storm. Enjoy the new slide show.

Click on image to see the LAKEVIEW website.

Click on image to see the LAKEVIEW website.
Winter Fireworks over Lake Poinsett