Monday, March 14, 2011

It's been six weeks since Ground Hog's Day; Spring Here!?!

LAKEVIEW on Facebook link
I'm no professional weather forecaster, but I think it's okay to try this from home...
Wednesday, March 16, 2011 is exact six weeks since February 2nd-Ground Hog's Day. On that day the day was sunny so the Ground Hog in South Dakota would have seen his shadow. Therefore, my prediction on that day was for ONLY six more weeks of winter.
Besides the mild temperatures we now are experiencing (not only daytime but nighttime lows are at least in the twenties) but also the fact that looking back, March weather did roar in like a lion. That assures that it will wimp out like a lamb. The days are getting longer, even if you haven't reset your clocks, like me.
Based on those facts, I proclaim (don't sue me if I'm wrong) Spring is just around the corner! And we'll beat the official first day of spring, March 20th by four days without winter relapse after that date!!

Click on image to see the LAKEVIEW website.

Click on image to see the LAKEVIEW website.
Winter Fireworks over Lake Poinsett